- What is a dutch auction
- Getting verified
- Adding money to your 'Battle Hoard' balance
- Using a voucher code
- Using the message boards
- Leaving feedback
- Viewing your 'Battle Hoard' invoices
To register as a new user, click on 'Register now' in the main menu. You will be asked for your name, a username and password, and contact information, including your email address. You must be at least 18 years of age to register!Note: At the top of the registration form you will find a box where you can enter any introduction code given to you by a friend.
What is a dutch auction
A Dutch auction is a type of auction in which the auctioneer begins with a high asking price which is lowered until a user is willing to accept the auctioneer's price.
When all the stock is sold the auction ends.
To be able to purchase any of the restricted items on this site you must be verified as being over the age of 18 and/or a member of a re-enactment,martal arts, filming group or you provide a current copy of a public liability certificate. There are two ways to get verified firstly you could click on the 'Get Verified' button on a restricted items main page or go to your control panel area(eg summary page) and click on 'Edit your personal profile' link in the 'My account' menu.
1. Once you are on the edit profile page find the section titled 'Age & Group Insurance Verification', click the button 'Upload Verification Images'.
2. Once on the upload pictures page/window use the help file here.
3. Once a member of our team has reviewed the proof you have provided you will be notified by email of your verification status. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response from us.
Note: A list of documents that can be used for verification can be found HERE
Adding money to your 'Battle Hoard' balance
1. Go to the 'Outstanding payments' section in your control panel.
2. Enter an amount in the box to the right of the voucher code box.
3. Now click the 'Add to balance' button, you will be taken to a payment page where you can pay using Paypal.
Note: If your account with 'Battle Hoard' goes below -£20 your account will be locked so that you will no longer be able to use our buying and selling services until your balance has been increased. In your control panel you will see a green box that displays your current balance. This balance refers to your balance with 'Battle Hoard' and has nothing to do with any sellers on the site.
Using a voucher code
1. Go to the 'Outstanding payments' page in your control panel under the 'My account' menu.
2. Enter your voucher code into the box provided and click the 'Add to balance' button.
Note: Some vouchers may be used more than once and your vouchers will only work with your account.
Using the message boards
You may use the message boards to leave messages about buying or selling. It is a good place to discuss listings and leave any wants you may have for a particular item. However we will not tolerate the use of abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or offensive language in any way, any member found behaving in this way may have their account suspended.
When leaving feedback for the buyer or the seller the process is the same.
1. Go to the summary page in your control panel or the 'leave feedback' page found under the 'My account' menu in your control panel.
2. You may give positive, neutral or negative feedback then you should enter a short comment about your dealings with this buyer/seller.
3. When you have done this enter your password(If necessary) and click the 'Leave Feedback' button.
Note: Leaving feedback helps all 'Battle Hoard' users have a safe and reliable experience when buying or selling so please don't forget to leave feedback.
Viewing your 'Battle Hoard' invoices
You can view all your invoices from 'Battle Hoard' by going to your control panel and clicking the link 'List invoices' under the 'My account' menu. While there you will be able to view information about what the invoice is for, when it was generated and for how much.
If you would like to view or print an invoice simply click the 'View invoice' link. Any invoices displaying a green background refer to a payment made into your 'Battle Hoard' account.